Ecology and Environment, Inc. is a fully integrated environmental consulting firm committed to supporting sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking a Senior Water Resources Professional for our west coast region to help grow our water-related practice. This position could work out of any of the following E & E offices: San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Boulder, CO; or Salt Lake City, UT. For the right person, this is an opportunity to provide strategic input and guidance from the ground up to help shape our growth in the west coast water market.
This position is responsible for leading business development initiatives to grow work in the region, managing a variety of water resources projects including multidisciplinary planning projects, water supply projects and groundwater sustainability planning projects. Our successful candidate must have proven experience managing large water resources planning or infrastructure projects and in-depth knowledge of permitting processes at the state and federal level. The ideal candidate will have established relationships in the water resources sector within California and a water resources technical background.
· Manage a variety of water resources projects including multidisciplinary planning projects, water supply projects, and groundwater sustainability planning projects.
· Lead business development initiatives and proposal efforts to grow water resource related work in the region.
· Manage technical staff and provide expertise for state and federal permitting including CEQA EIRs and NEPA EAs and EISs.
· Coordinate and negotiate with Federal and State Agencies as related to writing and reviewing permit applications.
· Meet with project developers, owners/operators, and public agencies to generate leads and develop new business opportunities.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Water Resources Engineering, Geology or a related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
· 10+ years of experience managing large ($500k+) water resources projects including water supply infrastructure projects, ground and surface water investigations and/or multidisciplinary planning projects.
· Established relationships with state water agencies, municipal utilities districts, commercial entities and/or water supply agencies.
· Water resource related technical experience in one of the following (or other related areas): water resources engineering, hydrologic studies and analyses, surface or groundwater modeling, water demand and supply, or water reuse and conservation.
· Management and preparation of large, complex documents, including EIRs/EISs for water resource projects and watershed resource plans and assessments.
· Excellent project management, business development, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, disciplines, and experts including senior management, clients, and other departments
· Ability to travel to support business needs
· Environmental consulting experience preferred.
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines – a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment, with a competitive benefits package. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.