RIDOLFI is an award-winning environmental engineering and consulting firm seeking an entry level environmental scientist/GIS technician for our Seattle office. This position will support an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers focused on environmental investigations, regulatory compliance, contaminant cleanup, and sustainable development.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Alaska or Washington,an exceptional client service ethic, attention to detail, positive attitude, and willingness to assist with field work, including environmental sampling, to contribute to overall company success.
Responsibilities include a variety of GIS tasks such as: spatial data (acquisition, creation, and processing), geodatabase management, environmental data collection, map creation, spatial analysis, geographic data collection, and analytical data reporting.
The position will require a mixture of fieldwork and office work with occasional travel. Qualified applicants will have exceptional organization and communication skills, relevant interests, and the ability to work collaboratively in project teams with multiple deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience Required
· Minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
· Proficient with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop, Online, and Collector software.
· Proficient with Microsoft operating systems and software.
· Familiarity with GPS and databases, such as Access or SQL Server Management.
· Familiarity with or ability to learn CAD.
· Demonstrated teamwork abilities that led to successful results.
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
· A valid driver’s license.
· B.S. degree in earth science, geography, geology, hydrology, natural resources, environmental science or related field is required.
· Advanced course work or certificate in GIS is preferred.
RIDOLFI offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, and disability insurance; a SIMPLE IRA plan with an employer match; and a flexible spending program. To learn more about RIDOLFI visit our website at www.ridolfi.com. We are an EOE. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Human Resources, RIDOLFI Inc., 500 Union Street, Suite 1010, Seattle, WA 98101. No phone calls please.