Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking Senior-level Practice Area Directors. This newly created position within the organization is responsible for representing the company with clients and leading business development efforts, program management, and project delivery initiatives related to any of the following practice areas of expertise: energy, climate adaptation, infrastructure, coastal resiliency, NEPA, CEQA, military master planning, water resources, remediation, sustainability, commercial industrial, and/or assignments involving large U.S. Government industrial and military facilities worldwide. The successful candidate(s) must possess proven professional consulting experience in the requisite A/E/C practice area, value flexibility and autonomy, and be able to work collaboratively within an entrepreneurial knowledge-based culture. This is a national position that can work from any location within the domestic U.S.
· Lead the building and growth of applicable practice area based on corporate targets and individual key performance indicators.
· Establish and direct project management teams specific to practice area.
· Provide client management for practice area to include relationship management, financial management, problem project resolution, and successful completion of project engagements.
· Lead and participate in business development efforts, bid and proposal strategy and pricing.
· Provide inspiring leadership on multiple dimensions to develop and sustain business opportunities.
· Oversee management of project budgets, schedules, quality and invoice payment.
· Provide direction and guidance to staff and clients on “best” approaches, decisions, and quality outcomes.
· Mentor staff to develop a deep expertise in a vertical market, practice area, or technical discipline.
· Exhibit a leveraged and disciplined approach to developing new business development activities, ensure that the kind of work undertaken is both consistent with the company’s distinctive strengths and attractive to the company’s consulting staff.
· Work collaboratively with other Practice Leaders and geographic regions to ensure that E&E continues to operate effectively as one company.
· Attend relevant conferences, network with industry leaders, and seek appropriate speaking opportunities.
· Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Planning, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
· 15+ years of experience with planning, managing, and leading large and/or complex projects within the federal and state government market, commercial markets, contracts, proposals, etc.
· Relevant professional registration, license, or certification preferred (e.g., P.E., AICP, etc.)
· Recognized practice area leader in the marketplace through demonstrated progressive growth with building a market, demonstrating experience in developing follow-on business with existing clients, and acquiring new business exceeding $1M annually.
· Successful project delivery, business development, and proposal development experience.
· Proven commitment to and success in developing high performing teams.
· Ability to develop major client relationships through their existing professional network, previous client impact, and expertise in their particular practice area.
· Flexible, adaptable, and versatile, with an ability to lead and operate successfully in a collaborative, matrix organizational structure.
· Experience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment.
· Strong business acumen with background in developing marketing plans and understanding of methods for taking and promoting services to market sector.
· Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with clients and with senior management at all levels of government and private industry.
· Ability to travel to support business needs.
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.