Ecology and Environment Inc. is seeking a Hazard Mitigation Planner at our office in either Seattle, WA or Portland, OR. This position will lead projects related to resiliency and hazard mitigation planning. Our successful candidate will have experience with public outreach on projects related to emergency planning and resiliency.
· Manage and lead technical development of hazard mitigation plans including risk assessments and mitigation strategy identification
· Lead client and public meetings and other engagement and outreach activities with key stakeholders related to hazard mitigation planning
· Coordinate with staff within the company’s Resilient Communities Practice Area on business development and project-related work
· Lead and mentor staff to develop additional capabilities within an interdisciplinary team
· Interact with clients, agency personnel, non-governmental organizations, and the public or other stakeholders
· Master's Degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, Emergency Planning, or a related discipline
o Plus 3 – 5 years of related project experience or
· Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, Emergency Planning, or a related discipline
o Plus 5 – 7 years of related project experience
· Project experience required includes hazard mitigation planning, risk assessment, community resiliency, emergency planning, and other associated areas; consulting experience preferred
· Experience in Washington SEPA and/or federal NEPA environmental review a plus
· Experience with public outreach, public speaking and facilitation, and agency consultation
· Ability to understand and interpret hazard risk data for a diverse audience
· Knowledge of major federal and state emergency management regulations and best practices
· Excellent project management, leadership, technical writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
· Highly motivated with strong organizational skills and excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
· Ability to travel to support business needs.
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply online. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.