Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a high-performing Western Regional Sales Manager to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets; preferred regional locations are in the states of California, Oregon, Washington or Colorado. Responsibilities include maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans, and working with technical staff to expand pipeline, develop opportunities and drive sales. The ideal candidate will possess experience in the A/E/C consulting industry, with the ability to sell environmental and engineering services, primarily to federal, state and local governments.
· Meet sales and growth targets
· Implement sales strategy and marketing plans to grow company revenue
· Report to the Sales Director and confer with other key managers to determine sales objectives and develop tactical actions to achieve line of business revenue goals
· Provide coaching and performance monitoring of technical sales representatives and assist technical staff with development of sales pipeline and capture of identified opportunities
· Assist the management team with planning and forecasting, prepare sales and revenue reports, and present to the management team
· Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being aware of new products and competition status
· Capitalize on own expertise and existing professional relationships to generate new business opportunities
· Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
· Support business and market analyses to determine client needs, volume potential, competitive pricing, and development of sales campaigns
· Attend conferences or participate in professional societies to provide exposure to corporate capabilities and gather market intelligence
· Performs other job duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, or related discipline
· Ten years of related experience with proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close; selling and driving development of new business in the Western U.S. a plus
· Experience as a sales representative/manager in federal or state business development successfully and consistently meeting or exceeding targets
· Understanding of the federal/state environmental industry; experience with the federal proposal process preferred
· Experience with State and local government contracts/programs, Department of Defense or Federal public land management agencies, including land use and resiliency planning, a plus
· Experience with energy industry clients, project permitting, or environmental site assessment and remediation for public or private sector clients preferred
· Strong organizational skills and results orientation with successfully achieving/exceeding sales and revenue targets
· Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
· Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.