In this position, you will serve as a Community Planner with FEMA Region Ten, Mitigation Division. Closes 2/7/2023. See https://www.usajobs.gov/job/703391900 for application information.
Typical assignments include:
- Reviewing and evaluating multi-hazard mitigation plans submitted by State, Tribal and local governments for FEMA approval in accordance with Section 322 of P.L. 93-288 and provisions of P.L. 108-264 of the Stafford Act.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to Federal, State, Tribal, and local partners in the development of sound mitigation strategies through planning to reduce vulnerability to future natural hazards, including floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, wildfires, and other emergency related events.
- Demonstrating the value of mitigation planning by documenting and communicating best practices as well as the social, environmental, and economic costs and benefits of mitigation actions.
- Understanding and communicating ways to incorporate climate change and equity considerations into hazard mitigation planning.
- Educating on the opportunities to integrate natural hazards into various regulatory and investment mechanisms including capital improvement plans, comprehensive plans, integrated watershed management plans, and climate change action plans for mitigation and multi-benefit activities.
- Understanding and communicating the nexus of mitigation planning with other FEMA programs, including FEMA’s hazard mitigation assistance grant programs.
- Maintaining an inventory of approved plans and tracking the updates and renewals of plans to ensure compliance with program requirements.