Position Title: Interdisciplinary-Community Planner/Natural Resource Specialist/Physical Scientist
USA Jobs Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/724107800
Series/Grade: GS-0020-11/12, GS-0401-11/12, GS-1301-11/12
Location(s): Silverdale, WA
Open period: 05/09/2023 – 05/25/2023
Announcement Number(s): DE-11958262-23-RT
This position will serve as a NEPA project manager for the U.S Navy's Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Northwest. Duties include:
- You will interact with various stakeholders, including, other federal, state, and local government officials, non-government organizations, Tribal nations, and the public in various venues in support of NEPA projects.
- You will prepare special environmental documents (CATEXs, EAs/OEAs, and EISs/OEISs) to assess the environmental impact of military operations, programs, exercises, etc.
- You will provide environmental planning consultation services to supported activities regarding National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and environmental compliance.
- You will serve as the Technical Representative on A/E contracts to ensure preparation of technically adequate, timely, and cost-effective products.
- You will oversee intergovernmental coordination of environmental planning efforts to ensure approval by regulatory agencies.