Shannon & Wilson is seeking a highly-motivated, self-driven Environmental Planner to join our growing Natural Resources team. The position will be located in our headquarters in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, Washington with opportunities for a flexible work schedule.
Candidates should be experienced working in multi-disciplinary teams, managing complex projects in the Pacific Northwest, and preparing environmental planning documents for local, state, and federal agencies. The candidate will have a strong understanding of SEPA, NEPA, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, Shoreline Management Act, critical areas codes, and other rules and regulations. Candidates with experience performing technical fieldwork, including wetland delineations and ordinary high water mark delineations are a plus. The candidate will play an active role in client development and identifying new growth opportunities for the natural resources practices.
Shannon & Wilson is an employee-owned company that provides consulting services in environmental and geotechnical engineering and natural resources. Equity participation and incentive bonuses are available to qualified employees in addition to competitive compensation and benefits. Shannon & Wilson is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Planner include:
- Prepare, contribute to, or oversee the development of SEPA, NEPA, and other required environmental documentation (e.g., Section 401/404, HPA, Shoreline, and local critical area permit applications).
- Prepare biological assessments for Endangered Species Act consultations.
- Conduct or support conducting wetland delineations, ordinary high water and high tide line delineations, and other similar field investigations.
- Manage all aspects of projects under their control, including preparing proposals and cost estimates; maintaining client communications and meeting notes; leading and editing technical report writing; performing project oversight and conducting quality control; and managing project budget and revenue development.
- Coordinate directly with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients and fostering professional relationships with new and existing clients.
- Attend client and company-sponsored meetings, events, and training, as required.
- Interact and communicate with clients, vendors, government agencies, and staff at all levels
- High School degree/GED required. Bachelor’s degree or above preferred.
- 7+ years of direct experience in areas noted above and a strong ecological background.
- Experience working as an environmental planner, permitting specialist, ecologist, wetland biologist, or similar in the Pacific Northwest region.
- Must be able to periodically support or conduct fieldwork as needed.
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) and/or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) or other relevant certification preferred.
- Certification as a WSDOT Biological Assessment author preferred.
- Wetland training, such as the University of Washington’s Certificate in Wetland Science and Management or similar preferred.
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS to create, import/export, and manage spatial data is highly desirable.
More information can be found at www.shannonwilson.com or on the S&W career site.
Last modified: Friday, December 10, 2021 12:44 PM | Per Johnson